Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mushrooms and a blogworthy move

We got some lovely mushrooms in today from Ozark Forest. The oyster mushrooms were so lovely (they look like sea anemone) and aromatic that I had to bring some home for dinner. Yum. I sauteed them with a little yellow onion and then tossed them with saffron pasta from Mangia, chevre from Our Garden, and fresh parsley (all items available at LHG). It was so yummy and fresh. I felt so fortunate to have access to all this great food.

On another blogworthy note....Had a couple come into the store today who had recently moved to the area. I assumed they'd just moved from another part of the city and so I was surprised when they said they moved to Juniata from Honolulu. Really? What? Do people really live in Honolulu? The best part of this story though is that they came across our website when they were researching where in St. Louis to live and decided to move to the neighborhood b/c of LHG. Maybe they were exaggerating, but maybe not. I'm not gonna lie--it's a lot of pressure, but we're up for it. I think.

2 comments:

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

This is a very smart couple. LHG, Tower Grove Park and Farmer's Market, city restaurants and camaraderie, what's not to love? Now if we could just get a beach around here...

PlanB247 said...

you certainly are up for it! they made a great decision.