Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Is it really Spring???

I'm hesitant to believe given all the false starts this year (and yes, I think it's more than usual) that Spring is really here. But I believed it enough to get into the yard today to plant some seeds in the vegetable garden. Granted, I hardly need the produce now since I have constant access to yummy produce at Local Harvest Grocery, but gardening is super fun and it is amazing to see a tiny little seed blossom into a big ol' plant. I know there are all kinds of explanations for how it happens, but truly it seems like a miracle to me every year.

And for all the things I don't grow from seed (and that's a lot) I'm super excited about the fact that this year it is going to be easy to get organic plants for the garden because we are selling plants from Biver Farms at LHG starting 4/17/08. This first batch includes mint, basil, sage, chives, broccoli, and tomato plants. Who knows, this year I may even plant my herbs earlier than usual because I am so ready to embrace this recent bout of warm weather.

All for now.
-Maddie

No comments: