Sunday, July 13, 2008

Some more great produce

Super excited about all the local produce we have in the store including black radishes. I'd never heard of these before yesterday. The farmers left us some recipes which you can have. We had some new farmers drop by to sell us produce which I loved. Meeting small (and I don't mean in stature) local farmers reminds me of why I wanted to be one of the founders of this store. The farm is called Spikenard Farm and is located in Carrollton, IL. Check out their site at www.spikenardfarm.org Such nice folks.

Other produce we received yesterday:
Cucumbers, cabbages, tomatoes, broccoli, parsley, chard, two little pumpkins, and these wonderful lemon squashes. The lemon squashes are literally shaped like big lemons and are really tasty. You can prepare them as you would a zucchini or yellow squash.

Hope you can come in and enjoy this bounty.
-Maddie

2 comments:

catmum said...

where exactly is the cafe?

Anonymous said...

Maddie, are there any plans for later hours? Sometimes (ok, most of the time) I'm too lazy to cook after work and I would love to swing by to grab something on my way home. Thanks!