Monday, July 7, 2008

July and SAUCE

Long time since the last post--I had my face buried in delicious tomatoes, Hinkebein brats, a tasty kidney bean salad and fresh green beans from my parents garden in Arkansas. Yum. I was celebrating my independence from chain grocery stores this July 4th. : )

Anyway, I'm excited to report that this Wednesday you'll be able to get your very own fresh green beans at LHG. We're also expecting more tomatoes (yea), blueberries, peppers, more zucchini, red and yellow potatoes and cucumbers. Tasty. A raw foodist could have a field day with all this good produce. (For raw food recipes check out this months SAUCE-- www.saucemagazine.com)

Speaking of SAUCE, the Local Harvest Grocery crew is super excited to have been selected by SAUCE readers as the Best Gourmet Market in St. Louis. The party was crazy fun with good music, great people watching and samples from some of St. Louis' best restaurants. I especially enjoyed the beet ravioli from Niche.

All for now.
-maddie

1 comment:

Anita K said...

Those cheese brats are really good, I am going to have to get some this week.